Thursday, July 24, 2008

altstadt...

Since I arrived, Altstadt (old town) was a mistery to be because I couldnt figure out where the hell it was even if I looked into the map. At last, after a deep research I found out where exactly it was, as always not as far as I antisipated , it was just round the corner after the city center, starting from max straße. Why I was so obsessed with altsatdt was that everybody was telling me that it was full of turkish shops. Since I was very much willing to find myself a proper turkish style yogurt, I headed to the altstadt. My first trial was a disaster since there was a little storm goning on and I was close to get frozen on the streets of altstadt, until I found a REWE to heat my body in. I couldnt complete my shopping list from rewe but I could get the strength back to walk until the tram station. Yesterday I gave it another shot, now knowing the area better and having a temperature over 20. It was true what they said because every 10th step, I came accross a shop with a turkish name. there are also many spanish, indian and italian shops and restaurants around. I got into "la tienda latina", owned by a colombian, and I got ready to eat black beens (frijoles negros), pickeled jalepenos and a big pack of cheese tortilla chips. After some time I realized that I was going around the same streets like a labirent, so I decided to end the journey. On the way back I dropped by a big turkish supermarket and I got, fresh mints, ready to cook frozen "urfa kebap", yougurt, "yufka" to make borek, and some classical turkish snacks.
more review on the Altstadt is coming later.

No comments: