Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ok, not really so live :P

Ok, this is the 20th day that I landed Bonn, my new habittat for an unknown amount of time. this is a short summary of what happened so far:

I packed my stuff into 28 kg's and took the morning plane to Cologne/Bonn airport, waving to my friend Selen in the Istanbul Atatürk airport.



I was picked up by a lady in the airport who was sent by the company to help me with the registration stuff. We approximatly visited 5 offices and more people in 1,5 hours and by 12:oo I was a resident of Bonn in the address of the Kanzler Hotel.


The hotel is a 4 start hotel besides they are special since they are also providing apartment rooms which contain a kitchen and access to the laundry. the kitchen looks sth like that:


there is a dish washer (thanks god) and a microwave and a little fridge. They are cleanning the rooms twice a week and changind the sheets and towels if you ask them to do.

There were "welcome" haribo's (which are originally comming from BONN ) on my bed which I consumed in the first minute.

Europe is always surprises me when I see hotels providing internet connections for high prices like 5 euros/min. Yeah it was aagain a shock realizing that there will be no internet surfing in the hotel for me whatsoever.

that day was over with a little going around and exploring the supermarket in the neighborhood and realizing how close the hotel was to the city center.

the next day I went to the office with a connection of subway and bus (thanks to the receptionist). which took 30 min including wait-betweens.

Cant help mentioning the weather: It was sth like 30 C the day I arrived which was a very big gift to me but unfortunatly took only until the weekend to start rain and cool down to 15 C. It has been the same since then, somedays up to 20 but thats all. now I am very much looking forward to the hot weather that is said to be coming from spain over germany tomorrow, so that my nose and hands can warm a little bit.

So welcome to Bonn, the city of Beethoveen.

No comments: