Saturday, July 26, 2008

market at the markt platz

There is a market placed in the city center everyday from 9am till 4pm. when i decide to walk through the makt platz, i can see the sellers putting their stands on in the morning but i can never catch it for shopping because it is already over when i finish at work. so the saturdays are the only opportunity for me to go there. it is not big in size since the markt plazt also not big itself, but has all variaty of friuts and vegetables. didnt compare the prices with the supermarket though -but i never do that anyway- everything is so fresh and looks tempting. so this is my favorite market in bonn, until i find a better one:)

2 comments:

Erin said...

Welcome to Bonn. It sounds like you are living it up already.

This is also my favorite market as well. It's the only place where I can find humus, so I go regularly. The stuffed grape leaves are also great.

The veggies are a bit more expensive then most supermarkets, but often you can get local products, which I think is worth paying for.

The smaller market near the church is okay as well. Everything there is organic.

coco said...

Thanks Erin, to be honest I am getting many tips from you already. For example I didnt know they are have food like humus and stuffed grape leaves, next time will look for them specially since both are Turkish specialities and I am not the best cook to make them myself:)