Wednesday, July 23, 2008

immigrants..

yesterday it was freezing as usual and all I was thinking aboout was to get into the hotel and warm up. it wasnt possible since the air conditioner was not willing to heat the room, but just cool. called the reseption and she sent a guy up to the room, who I was guessing , was arabic. he tried to communicate with his english like "what wrong?" "ok ok!!!" "one minute" and so on.
after 15 minutes of trying he left saying "I come ten minute". he was back like half an hour later with a turkish guy with him, also guessing that I was turkish also. he was happy that at last he could communicate me but we were all confused altogether that, I started to speak english to the turkish one, he started to speak turkish to the arabic one, and the arabic started to speak german with me. at last we figured out that it wasnt working and needed repairing, they gave me an electric heater and left. and I found myself thinking: the power of language!!!

No comments: